Since I’m not feeling terribly entertaining, I decided to give you some fun blog posts I found this week. I was going to do Funny Friday, but then I realized Friday was the first day of July. Not that that’s not funny, although it isn’t particularly, but I also realized that some of these links can’t be classified, in a strict sense, as funny. Maybe my problem is that I just get too technically correct about things. Anyway, I found six, and it’s Saturday. (I thought about deliberately misspelling six as sex hoping to get more hits that way, but I decided I am not willing to stoop that low to gain readership.)
1. I just found Nicole Pyles from The World of My Imagination on Twitter Thursday when she started following me. I read her post Waiting for Inspiration—a Bus that Almost Never Shows — in which she includes a great link. It’s worth the two minutes.
2. Here’s a good one from MomaLog, a relatively new find of mine from Twitter. She’s just plain-out funny. You might enjoy 20 Things I Can’t Believe I Said to my Kids.
3. Do you want to know how to add funny little faces to your blog comments? Nancy Hatch from Spirit Lights the Way explains how in Show Some Emotion.
4. Artist Carl D’Agostino shows us the whales are getting serious in this Save the Whales cartoon from his I Know I Made you Smile blog.
5. This is just a fun little blog as Julia Munroe Martin blogs on WordsXO about her efforts at Getting into Character. Julia writes, edits and blogs from the coast of Maine when she’s not bird-watching, gardening or tweeting.
6. So many times we read about mothers and children, but rarely do we come across a dad and son post. Aaron D. Graham is usually funny, but sometimes he throws in a heart-felt post about watching his son grow up. You might enjoy Stick That in Your Dragon and Puff It.
I hope you are all having a wonderful, safe and fun Fourth of July weekend.