The top twelve things on my mind first thing this morning:
- My mom – Tuesday is the 3-year anniversary of my mother’s death.
- My health – I frequently have anxiety upon waking. My sleep is restless and I never know if it will be 3:00 am, 4:30 am, or 6:45 am when I wake. Anything before 6:00, and I stay in bed.
- My 2nd son – He has been unemployed for some time and continues to look for a job.
- My husband – His body is warm as he sleeps here beside me. He came to bed last night very disappointed in the Bengals’ performance in the playoff game. I save myself those ups and downs by maintaining a lack of interest in most sports.
- My youngest son – He is in Hong Kong for two weeks on a business trip. His days are my nights.
- My daughter – Will we be able to work out a quick visit to Chicago in the next few weeks to help her with an upcoming move?
- My oldest son – He and his wife are expecting a third child in June.
- My mother-in-law – I should call her today and see if she wants me to go to her doctor’s appointment with her this week.
- Things to do today – I added several items to the “today” list on my Wunderlist phone app before I got out of bed. I love that app. It’s very satisfying to click items off when they’re done.
- Bathroom design – A remodel for our bath is overdue. It is a complicated space and the design is not straightforward, but we’re getting close. I took a few more measurements this morning to try to visualize how things will fit and look. I keep a tape measure in there for this specific purpose.
- The weather – I heard rain falling when I let Arthur out the front door (I did not accompany him today.) Then through the laundry room window I saw the rain turn to snow in the light that shines from above the garage door. I took a few quick photos with my cell phone. (Whatever did I do before I had this handy device?) This photo is going to do triple duty as my photo-of-the-day for the 365Project, my post of the WordPress weekly photo challenge for “Weight(less)”, and an image for this page.
- What to blog about. ‘Nuff said.
The snow has weight, because gravity causes it to fall, or float, from the sky. But each little snowflake is nearly weightless by our typical standards. The wind was able to blow the flakes horizontally.
9 thoughts on “The top twelve things on my mind”
I hope things get sorted out among the family. The snow shot’s lovely!
Thanks William. I suppose with larger families there is always something happening.
Not being a morning person by any stretch of the imagination, my mind would collapse inward if I had to come up with twelve things at the start of my day!
I really didn’t have to come up with any of them. I just had to write down what was swirling around in my brain.
I know. That’s why morning people scare me! Lol
No wonder you are not sleeping….too much on your mind!
Thanks, Lulu. I’m beginning to wonder the same thing.
I like this idea, maybe I will try it myself.
I originally started my blog with the intention to write about whatever was on my mind first thing in the morning. I fell away from that, but still it is often good fodder.